Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Squee!

I was all set to put up a sad, mopey post, but it turns out that I totally have a squee: the Sock Summit class list is up! Whee! I'm so excited, I could pee my pants. The classes! The teachers! The marketplace! The exclamation points! Oh. Mah. Gahd. I don't know what to do with myself.

First, I squeed on Facebook. Then I looked at the classes and was promptly overwhelmed. So many of the classes look interesting, but there are only two classes a day for four days. That means, at most, I can only take 8 classes of the many that are being offered. But in an effort to exercise a modicum of restraint, I'll only be taking three. Having read many of the Sock Summit threads on Ravelry, I noticed that more than one person who attended the first Sock Summit wished they had taken fewer classes, so they could better absorb the information. I think that's a great idea and I'm happy to learn from their mistakes. That will also allow me more time to check out the Marketplace.

I'm really looking forward to this. My husband isn't, but I am. I will do my best to be responsible. I will do my best not to be seduced by all the pretty hand-dyed and -painted yarns. I will appreciate the utility of the project bags and accessories on display. I will moderate my intake of alcohol, and so reduce the likelihood of having to knit myself a tent to live in after my husband puts me out on the street for being powerless against all things yarn-related. In short, I will try to be good.

So, there it is, a short post tonight, and no photos. There's a holiday weekend coming up, maybe some photos then. That's if I can stop with the happy dance for Sock Summit. Until next time, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment