Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snow Day!



It's a snow day here in Louisville. Whenever the local schools are closed, so is my office, so I get to stay home today. I'm trying my hand at making my own naan. I'm still not sure yet how it will go, as they're only on their second rise and I still have to cook them. (N.B. it didn't come out all that well. I had the griddle too hot, so they were more burnt than cooked and a little denser than I'd hoped. I'll give it another try some other time.)

Another thing I've done today is pack up the goodies I'm sending to Germany for a swap. I've been collecting things for the last few weeks, in order to make the shipping deadline, which is next Monday. The star of the package is this gorgeous sock yarn from Tyrannosaurus Knits:


There are other things in there, too. My swap buddy has told me that she likes dark chocolate and espresso. So I'm sending 4 oz. of espresso from Highland Coffee, a little bag of dark chocolate-covered coffee beans and a small box of bourbon chocolates, both from Muth's Candies. There's also a book by one of my favorite authors, Wendell Berry, a copy of Vogue Knitting and some cute little beaded stitch markers.


I've got it all packed up and ready to go! Now all I have to do is get to the post office. I think that will happen Monday, but I might be able to get there on Friday. Let's cross our fingers.

In actual knitting, progress continues apace on Scent of Lavender. The heel has been turned and I'm working my way down the foot. There's only about 3" left for the foot, so I can probably have it finished by the weekend. It's such a lovely pattern. I can't wait to have it done & blocked!


That's about all I've got for today. The yarn I special-ordered for my next project has arrived at my LYS and I can't wait to get my hands on it. But that's all for another post. Until next time, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment