Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm Going (Redux)


To Portland, Oregon, for Sock Summit! Wheee! I'm really excited. I fully expect the city to be lovely, with only a little of what Fred Armisen & Carrie Brownstein are having so much fun with.

I'll be taking 3 classes from some really fabulous instructors whose work I really admire. First, I'm taking "Holes in our Socks" with Anne Hanson. I really like her aesthetic. I've made her Alhambra scarf twice and have many more of her designs in my Ravelry queue. I have made lace socks before and can't wait to hear her take on it. My second class is "Seismic Socks" with Lorilee Beltman. I've got a few of her patterns in my queue as well, all of them socks. I'm excited about this class, as I'm very curious about this vertical intarsia business. Plaid socks without duplicate stitch! Lastly, I've got "Intarsia with a Twist" with Anne Berk, who, I understand, is a total badass. I have to admit I'm a little scared and intimidated by her rock star status. I have a feeling I'm going to learn a lot in this class and I can't wait to soak up some knowledge.

Of course, one of the big attractions of Sock Summit is the Marketplace. I feel like I could pee my pants, I'm so excited. My husband is less so, but so he often is. It's a yin & yang thing, I think. There will be more than just yarn here, and I can't wait to see all the goodies! I was looking at one vendor's glass needlework accessories, but I'm afraid they're more expensive than I can afford. I will, however, look longingly at them while trying not to drool. Actually, I think not drooling on things will be a good goal for getting through the marketplace.

That's all I have for tonight. Next time, I speak to the frustration one feels upon finding three knots in one skein of sock yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment