Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I finished those socks

On Friday, I finished the Hummingbird socks, on Saturday I got the ends woven in and on Sunday I got them washed. Yesterday I took pictures, so now I can give them away. These socks were a very quick knit - I'm not sure that I've done any other socks in just 10 days. Blocking definitely helped the pattern assert itself, but I think if I do this pattern again, I might use a yarn with shorter lengths of color for a more mottled look rather than the stripes & flecks I got with this yarn.


Since I finished the socks, I started on the Chawton Mittens from the Jane Austen Knits magazine. I was thinking that I needed a challenge, so the color work in these mittens should do the trick. I've also upped the challenge quotient by starting these two-at-a-time. I've only done one round so far, so I'm not sure how this will work out for the whole project. One thing I've done that I think will help is that I put the yarn for each mitten in a separate bag to make it easier to keep the yarn from tangling too much. I don't expect this project will travel much, so I'll have to find a project that will. It'll probably be socks, as usual.

Well, that's it for now, Friends. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment