Monday, March 19, 2012

It's been an age!


Since the last time I posted, I completed the yoga socks. Sadly, I have made no progress on the Chawton mittens. It seems that over the two weeks since I last posted, all my knitting has been done during my commute to work, so that's why the yoga socks got finished in such a short time. It also helped that the stitch pattern was easily memorizable. I think the only thing I would have changed about this project would have been having a longer circular needle for knitting up the legs. The pattern called for a size 3 needle, which I had, but I only had a 32" length, rather than my preferred 40". I was still able to knit it alright, I just didn't have as much slack on the cable as I like. Not the end of the world, though.


What I've been spending most of my time on lately is training for an upcoming sprint triathlon. It's been 5 years since the last time I did one, so I've been making a point of going to the gym. I've been getting there almost daily, which was kind of my point in signing up for this race. I've also managed to lose 17 pounds so far, which was another reason I decided to get back into triathlon. Needless to say, all this time at the gym has cut into my knitting time, but I'm hoping I knit a little more in the evenings. And now that Spring seems to have arrived, I'm looking forward to knitting outdoors on my front porch, or out back on the deck. It's so much nicer not being cooped up inside.

So that's all for now. Until next time, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment