Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Starting new projects!

I finished my Zori cardigan last weekend, washed and blocked it, and by Monday it was dry. I was able to get the buttons sewn on that afternoon, but I didn't have anyone to take any photos of me wearing it, so you'll just have to wait until I can get one of my friends to do it for me at knit night. (I bet you're holding your breath for it, aren't you?)


Since I don't have any pictures of the finished cardigan, I thought I'd show you a couple other things I have going on. I've started a pair of socks for my mother-in-law, because the pair I'd intended to give her turned out to be too long. She let me know that she likes neutral colors, so I thought that the Madelintosh Tosh Sock (in Cove) that I bought in Indianapolis last year would be just the thing. I had also been wanting to knit Anne Hanson's Veil of Rosebuds, which calls for this yarn, so it was a pretty easy decision to cast on. The knitting is moving right along - mostly I'm working on it on my bus ride to work and any odd moments I have during the day. I hope to be turning the heel by the weekend.


I've also decided to dig out a needlepoint painted canvas I bought a few years ago when I was in Colorado. The image is of columbines, which I thought would be the perfect souvenir of my trip Out West. I don't know what I was thinking when I selected the yarns to stitch it. They were so awful. None of the colors were right, I didn't even buy all the colors I needed, and I bought two kinds of fiber. Seriously, I don't know what happened. Anyway, yesterday I went to my local needlepoint shop, M's Canvas House, to get more appropriate fiber to stitch this pretty canvas. The nice lady helped me choose lots of lovely silk/merino yarn and then she even taped up the edges of the canvas so I wouldn't snag my pretty new yarns. I can't wait to get going on this project! It will be kind of nice to have a non-knitting project to work on.

Well, that's all I've got for tonight. I hope to get my picture taken in the Zori cardigan this week so I can show off my sweater by the weekend. Until next time, Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment