Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I rode my bike (almost) to Indiana

I've been knitting up a storm on my Amaya sweater, which I'll tell you about another day. Today's post is just photos of my first bike ride of the spring, which took me to the Big Four Bridge, our new pedestrian bridge over the Ohio River. As of now, it stops in midair just above the Indiana river bank (there's a guardrail to keep people from falling of the end), but there are rumors that the ramp into the Hoosier State will be completed in June. I've been itching for a good day to go for a ride, and since I got some fancy new bike shoes & pedals this weekend, I thought this afternoon was my opportunity. I hope you enjoy the photos!

The view to northwest from the top of the ramp.

The entrance to the bridge. Can bridges have entrances?





A little of the history of the bridge.




I love these old truss bridges! That's the bike lane down the middle. It looks like train tracks!

This will eventually be a ramp that will allow me to ride safely into Jeffersonville. And its yarn shop about 3 blocks away.

Once the tree is in leaf, the residents of this house should get some of their privacy back.

Headed back to Kentucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment