Monday, September 19, 2011

It's an epidemic.

Since my last post, I've learned that two more people I know are pregnant. This was evidently a very good summer for babymaking, which means that this will be a very busy autumn for making baby stuff. So far, I think I have gifts for at least three of these seven people, and a fourth is nearly finished. I don't think that all of them read this blog, but I'm pretty sure at least four of them have seen it, and at least two of them follow it.


This Cascade cardigan (which I think I've posted on before) is for one of the women who I think doesn't read this blog. I made it on a lark, because I thought it was cute, not because I knew anyone was expecting. All I have left to is add the buttons and wrap it up. The leaves on the button placket have a definite feminine feel to them, so I feel good about this as a gift for a baby girl.


Another of the pregnant ladies is having a boy, so I had to do a little looking around for less feminine patterns. I decided that the Ribbed Baby Jacket looked much more masculine than the projects I usually queue, so on the needles it went. It knit up pretty quickly, and all I have left to do now is seam up the sides, add a button and get it washed & blocked. This one will have to be shipped, so I'm glad it was a quick knit.

Now, for the other five people, they're all knitters who I see in person and online. No way am I sharing what I'm making for them. Or if I'm even making anything for them. Well, I think we all know that there's no way I'm letting my friends' babies go without a hand knit gift, even if their moms can make them something. I'll just have to keep those secrets. There are so many great things to make and I hope my queue doesn't give everything away. I'll also have to remember to keep this stuff secret on my Ravelry project pages. Many of these women are on the sneaky side. Their Ravel-fu is strong.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. I'm still studying for my Interior Design licensing exam, and I've actually started going back to the gym, so I've had a little less knitting time lately. I'm still working on my Punctuated Rib socks as well as my brother-in-law's sweater vest. They're both coming along at a snail's pace. Until next time, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment