Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Llamas on Broadway

I don't know what is going on with my brain, but I had the weirdest dream last night: I dreamt that my mother and I went to see a Broadway musical version of Romeo and Juliet, but that instead of having seats, we were bouncing around on trampolines poised over the backs of llamas which were in place of actual seats. Part of our job as audience members was that we had to bounce in time to the musical numbers, as well as do somersaults when the songs built to crescendo. In the dream I was actually pretty good at this, and it seemed that the trampolines were high enough over the backs of the llamas that we didn't injure them as we bounced, and also narrow enough that when the actors were speaking dialogue we could sit on the llamas' backs. The only bummer about this dream was that when it was time to go, one of my sandals slipped off my foot onto the floor, which was covered in llama pee and poo, and one of the handlers just handed it back to me like it wasn't covered in filth. I was about to give the handler a piece of my mind when the alarm clock went off. That handler was lucky I woke up!

Anyway, I don't know why I had that dream, although one of my friends did post a photo of a mama and baby alpaca on her blog the other day. That must have been it, though I have no idea when I last saw a trampoline. Weird.

In knitting news, I have been making more progress on the Schmidt Vest. I'm getting pretty close to the point where I can divide for the front and back, which makes me very happy. I definitely like how the cable up the front is coming out, and if you don't look too hard you won't see where I missed a crossing or two about 6 inches ago. The yarn is knitting up beautifully and it's still one of my cat's favorites; he took a nap on it the other day.

The cable needle seems not to bother him in the least.

I've also picked up the Knit All the Strings! socks and turned the heels on both. I did a nice, simple short-row heel and they're only a smidge too long, but I think that will be alright. I had to cut the yarn for 3 colors and rejoin after the heel, which isn't the worst thing ever, but I don't really care to weave in ends. I'm sure I'll feel better about it when both socks are done and I'm no longer wrestling with all those strands. And after I complete my exam this weekend.

Well, I guess that's it for tonight. I've got one more workday before I leave for Indianapolis to take this exam. I sure hope I can feel good about it when it's over. Until next time, Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment