Finally! We finished painting the living room today, and this time, we achieved uniform color. I cut in all the low places while my husband did the high ones. Then I rolled on the third (and final) coat of paint. It looks so good! The original color of the walls was barely distinguishable from the trim, so I got a few gallons of ICI/Dulux's Camelcoat, which made all the difference once we got it on the walls. Now, the original trim in our Craftsman house really stands out. I love that we have such great woodwork and that it's original to the house.
Now that the walls have been painted, I can finally hang up some art! We've been here for a little longer than 18 months, and the living room walls have been bare the whole time. I really thought we'd have had it done sooner, but you know how that goes. Of course, now that the walls look so good, it shows how badly the trim & baseboards want some attention. Then we need to refinish the floors, re-do the fireplace mantel, and build the bookshelves on either side of it. There are projects everywhere I look, and that's just on the inside. Spring will be here soon, which means yard work. But I'll leave that for a future post.
The Lotus socks continue, despite my best efforts to screw them up. I seem to see mistakes where there aren't any, and not see the ones that are there until 4 rounds later. I have begun to be very practiced at unknitting twisted stitches and lace. There's a silver lining in every dark cloud, so the cliche goes.
Well, that's all I have for now, I think. I'm starting to think a little about my essays for Knit & Crochet Blog Week, because I think they're going to require some planning. I hope they'll do me (and the folks who organized the project) proud. Until next time, then.