Thursday, March 31, 2011

Where Are They Now?

It looks like it's going to be a short post for Day Four of Knit & Crochet Blog Week (2KCBWDAY4). I worked all day, then went to Knit Night at my LYS and have only just gotten home, with 2.5 hours left in the day.


As I was thinking about today's post, I was thinking about all the projects I've given away over the years and if the people who have them now are knit-worthy or not. I have to admit that a good number of things I've knit have gone to people who really didn't care and who didn't even bother to send me picture of them in the item before they forgot about it. I'm not naming names, but you'd better believe they're getting gift cards from now on.


On a happier note, there are many items I've given as gifts that the recipients have been kind enough to gush over and even show off to people who don't even know me. This makes me supremely happy! I love making things for people who get excited about having a hand-knit, custom-made, one-of-a-kind gift. These people will always get handknits from me, for as long as they want them.


I've also donated a few items to charities, for their auctions. In the case of two items, I know the people who had the winning bid. Both were genuinely excited to have them, and actually told me that they're so special, they only wear them when they can show them off. The person who bought my Bex Socks only wears them at home when she's curled up on the sofa. The person who bought the hat & scarf set thinks they're so nice, she only wears them with her "nice" coat. Of course I wish they felt like they could wear them more casually, but I'm definitely glad to know how much they value them.


So, there we go. Short and sweet. Until next time, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment