Friday, June 10, 2011

Almost Finished Object Friday

Lately it seems people I know are having babies born to them (or their children) and so I need to start knitting more baby stuff. With that in mind, on Wednesday night I started on a baby cardigan: Cascade, a free pattern from Petite Purls Winter 2010 edition. It's so cute, I can't stand it.


Since it was kind of late when I got the great idea to make a baby cardigan, I started digging through my stash (miniscule as it is) and found a yarn that looked promising. The Bamboo Ewe has been in my stash for nearly a year and a half, and even though it didn't have the yardage required by the pattern, I thought I'd take my chances.


I just made it. I finished it this afternoon with about 5 yards left over. It was such a quick knit! All I have left to do is weave in a couple ends, add the buttons, and wash and block it. I think it will be darling on whichever baby gets to wear it this winter. I wish I hadn't knit the sleeves tighter than the body, but maybe the blocking will help that a little. I think I can do better on the next three of these I knit. Yes, you read that right, I'm going to make three more of these. At least one will be knit from the other skein of Bamboo Ewe I have in my stash. I think I have enough Cascade 220 to make a larger size, but for the third one, I might have to buy some yarn. I'll take a hard look through my stash. It's strange - I seem to have a ton of sock yarn and laceweight yarn. And just odds and ends of worsted. I guess I'll just have to look a little harder - I'm sure I have something that will work.


Well, that's all for now. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment