Monday, June 20, 2011

Sockaria

So, I've made some progress on the Kristi socks! Once I got going on the leg chart, I realized it wasn't nearly as hard as it looked. The stitches travel in a way that makes sense (at least to my brain), making it really easy to get into a groove. I'm still glad that I did each leg individually, though. I think if I'd tried to do them at the same time, I'd have had to commit myself.


Both legs are done and now I'm working on the heel flaps, which I'm doing at the same time. Once I get around to reading the foot instructions closely, I'll decide whether I want to do them at the same time. It will be important to make sure they're the same length, since these will be a gift.


I'm still in love with this yarn, Classic Elite's Summer Sox. I just love how the white ply with the celery green makes for a pretty almost heathered effect when it's knit up. There's plenty of twist in the yarn which makes for great stitch definition and keeps it from being as splitty as lots of cotton and cotton-blend yarns tend to be. I think the wool content will be good for durability, but certainly the cotton is making it nice to work with in the summer. Now all I have to do is find a yarn shop that actually carries it - the last few places I've been don't seem to have any cotton sock yarns. But since I stocked up before the Knit Nook closed, I'm sure I'll be alright for a little while.


In other knitting news, the Kusha Kusha scarf finally has enough length that I can go down the next needle size. Turns out that attending work-related conferences makes it really easy to plow through miles and miles of stockinettte stitch. I'll be checking my inventory of neglected straight needles to make sure I have the right size to continue.

Well, that's all I have for now, Friends. Until next time.

1 comment: