Friday, June 3, 2011

My finished objects, let me show you them.

Alright. So I've been away from the blog for more than a week and I'm sorry to have left you all hanging. Last weekend was a holiday in the US and I've spent the rest of this week visiting my mom in Indiana. I did all kinds of neat stuff like sitting around and thinking about yardwork, driving long distances and thinking about traffic, and running errands with Mom. None of theses things involved taking photos, so I don't have any.  It was exhausting. In the rare minutes of downtime I had during the visit, I actually finished a few projects and started thinking about more.


The first finished object I have to show you is the turban that goes with that cute little daisy stitch cardigan I finished a few weeks ago. I finished the hat before I left town, but I only photographed it today. I haven't yet seen it on an actual baby, but I think if I make it to knit night next week, I'll get Mary to model it for you. She's on the cusp of being too big for it, so this is likely my last chance until I meet someone who has a kidlet who is 3-6 months old.


Secondly, I finished the purple Victorian baby booties. I had plenty of yarn this time and used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off, which is a much nicer finish to the brioche stitch part of the leg. I haven't decided whether I want to do the crocheted edging at the top: I think it's a little fussy, but if any of you have an opinion, let me know. (You can see what they're supposed to look like here.)


Thirdly, the Aran Isle socks are finished, but not blocked. (I'll do that tonight. I promise.) They are just lovely to look at and are so soft, it's a damned shame that they're so tight at the cuff. If I keep them for myself, I'll have to wear them scrunched down around my ankles, which defeats the purpose of all those pretty traveling stitches. I think they'll be a gift for one of my sisters-in-law, one who wears about a US9 and has skinny calves.


Lastly, I finally wove in the ends of the tank top I finished last summer, just in time to wear it this summer. I'd been putting it off, because I couldn't bear the thought of all those little medallion stitches (worked on size 000US dpns). Once I made up my mind to do it, it took all of about 15 minutes. I'm such a baby.

Well, I think that's all I've got for now. Next time I have to spend a little time talking about sock yarn, as it's now less than two months until Sock Summit. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment