Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Was Alright.

It was a pretty good year, for the most part. I got to go to Sock Summit. I won two blue ribbons at the State Fair. I passed my NCIDQ exam. Those are the highlights, I think. I started this blog, too. I think I did alright with the posting, even if I didn't quite get here twice a week.


Looking over last year's projects, it looks like I completed 32 projects. It seems like a huge amount of knitting and, quite frankly, I'm not sure how I did it. I appear to have knit 11 pairs of socks, 5 baby sweaters, two pairs of booties, 3 sweaters, one vest, two shawlettes and 8 mice. There were a few hats & scarves in there too.


Amongst all those projects, I think that my Vesper sweater is my favorite. It's easily the best fitting garment I made for myself, I love the color and I love the softness of the yarn. It was certainly a challenge as well, with its seemingly endless rounds of stockinette in DK-weight yarn and my early mistake of putting a full twist in the round. The effort was worth it though: it's the garment I wear most.


My least favorite project of the year was probably the Kusha Kusha scarf, just because it was miles and miles of stockinette. The yarn was interesting, but the knitting was boring. Boring, boring, boring. I still haven't gotten around to felting the crazy thing. I still have a cone of the silk/stainless steel yarn, but I think it will wait in my stash until I feel some inspiration to use it. Maybe in some kind of accessory or gift for someone.


In the coming year, I expect to do plenty of knitting, but I might also be augmenting it with some sewing and needlepoint, too. I've got a few ideas for some home decorating projects, so it will be fun to flex my creative muscles on some other crafts as well.

Anyway, I have plenty of things to look forward to this year, and I hope you'll stick with me. Until next time, Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment