Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mosaic-by-Numbers is fun!

I can't believe how much fun I'm having making this black cat mosaic-by-number. It's really incredibly easy; the only difficulty is coming up with the hand strength to squeeze the glue bottle. I made more progress on it, filling in the haunches and tail with the matte black stones. All I have left is that great, long torso. Once that's finished I'll fill in any small places that were missed and hang it on the wall. I have to find a place for it, but I think it will fit right in with our late 1960's/early 1970's basement decor.

I've also started on a pair of socks for my husband. They're very thick - I'm using Jarbo Garn's Raggi sock yarn, which is classified on Ravelry as an aran-weight yarn, and US5 needles. The socks are going really fast, since the leg is just a 2x2 rib and I did a simple slipped-stitch heel flap. I'm nearly finished with the gusset decreases, and since the feet will be stockinette, I feel sure that these socks will be done before the weekend is.

It's a short, sweet post tonight, Friends. I have about 10 minutes until Top Chef comes on, so I have to run. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment