Thursday, February 10, 2011

Swaps are fun!

A while back, I posted about a swap package I was sending to Germany. Well, yesterday (or the day before) I received my package from my swapbuddy, Corinnesknits! It was full of all kinds of goodies: two skeins of sock yarn (with a little project bag), a box of magical German tea that smells like caramel (but tastes like tea), a ceramic mug, an artisan soap, a bag of lollipops, a sudoku puzzle book, stitch markers & candy bars. It. Was. Awesome! Here's a picture of all the loot:


And some close-ups of the yarn. First the Regia:


And then the Fortissima:


It's always exciting to see a package waiting for me on the porch when I get home from work. Kinda like Christmas! I love all the goodies that Corinne sent. And what's cool about her is that in addition to being a knitter, she also crochets and has recently had some socks (that she designed!) published in a major magazine. It's impressive.

In my own knitting, I'm continuing on Milo, though I've only competed a couple more rounds. I've also nearly completed another chart repeat on Umaro, which gets better & better as I go along. No pics tonight, but I'm sure I'll have made enough progress by the time the weekend's over to be able to post them.

Looks like that's it for tonight! Until next time, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment