Thursday, February 24, 2011

I can't help it.

I finished my Umaro blanket this week and it looks awesome! I'm so happy with it. It's been blocked, and everything. Here's a pic:
Isn't it pretty? It's squishy and soft and heavy and warm. The last few nights I was knitting it, it was keeping my legs and toes warm as I worked. It felt really light, not heavy like the acrylic blanket on the back of the sofa. I just can't say enough good things about it. Here's one more photo, while I'm at it:
I ended up using 12.5 balls of the Cascade Lana Grande, so I still have 7.5 balls left. I've been thinking about knitting up some pillows with it, but varying the stitch pattern or maybe overdyeing it if I decide to do Umaro pattern again.

In sock knitting news, I've just cast on for Lotus, which is a gorgeous lacy pattern. Not nearly as hard to do as it looks, I've been able to complete a full chart repeat since Tuesday evening. That's two days, though I don't really pay attention. Sometimes it feels like the socks just knit themselves and this is just one of those times. The Milo socks felt like they'd never end, but roughly three weeks after I started, they were finished. Bill's wearing them tonight, now that I think about it.
I took this picture this afternoon, while the rain had slowed down a little and there was a little light. This is a little more than half of the first chart repeat and I love how they're coming along. The yarn is Kollage Luscious, which is mostly cotton with a little nylon thrown in for strength. I've worked with this yarn before and I was really pleased with the results. It feels lovely in my hands, creates a nice fabric and has beautifully saturated color.

Here's a close-up of the leafy-looking bit:
Well, I think that's all I've got for now. I've knit up a swatch for a potential pullover sweater, now that the blanket is done. It's getting a soak right now, and if I get gauge with this first swatch, I'll be casting on right away. If it works out, I'll be able to write about it next week sometime. We're painting our living room on Monday, so I may or may not have made much progress on my new projects. We'll just have to cross our fingers. Until next time, then.

No comments:

Post a Comment