Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Turning the Corner

Since the last time I posted, I've been able to get the heels turned on the Milo socks I'm knitting for my husband. For some reason it feels like it's taken ages to get to this point, but after looking at my Ravelry project page I've come to realize that I've only been working on these socks for 10 days. So, really, pretty remarkable progress for such detail on the legs.



I've also gotten through the second chart repeat on Umaro. It's not much progress there, mostly because I wasn't knitting on it that much. I can't remember what I did with all my time last week.



Sunday was my LYS' Super Bowl Sunday sale, which brings everyone out in droves. It keeps me away until well after lunchtime, because I really dislike crowds. The shop is small enough already: I'm not interested in having to sharpen my elbows to get to the yarn. I got there around 1pm and was pleasantly surprised to see that the bamboo/silk blend yarn (Great Adirondack Bamboo Silk Sport that I can't find a link to) that I'd been eyeing for a month was 50% off. I bought two skeins, though I haven't decided what those 750 yards of sportweight will become. Maybe Damask, maybe something else. I'll have to keep a lookout for a shawlette pattern that will look good in a variegated yarn.



Of note at the sale: they announced they're going out of business. It breaks my heart. I'm not sure what I'll do with all that time I spent there loitering, coveting and sometimes knitting. I might start going to the gym again. At least I've still got a couple months to build up my stash before I have to start looking for a new way to satisfy my habit. There are two other locally-owned shops in the area, but one is way out in the suburbs and the other is on the other side of the Ohio River. Neither feels like home. Maybe one of them could? I can't even begin to think about it until after my shop closes.

No comments:

Post a Comment